I usually forget to do these but I am trying to do better with that because I’m genuinely appreciative for nominations. I was nominated by emergingfromthedarknight:
Thank you, love, for thinking of me for this award and here is my contribution, suggestions and answers.
Guidelines for participation for my nominees:
Shake the hand of the person who nominated you with gratitude, providing a link to their blog.
Provide answers to the 11 questions they gave you.
List 11 fun facts about yourself.
Provide a list of your own 11 questions.
Nominate other bloggers by providing links to their blogs.
Answers to questions asked:
1. If you were granted one wish what would it be?
I’m going to be cliche here. I would wish for a world in which love was the primary emotion expressed and received by all living beings.
2. What is your favourite season and why?
I live in Texas where we really only have two seasons: Summer and Winter. If we had real seasons I think I would most love Autumn. Moderate temperature and beautiful colors.
3. Have you ever had your heart badly broken? By whom?
Oh, goodness, yes. The first time my heart was broken badly was likely in childhood by my parents. All the other heartbreaks probably live there in that initial heartbreak.
4. What makes you cry?
I am a crybaby lol so I cry at a ton of things. I cry when others are hurting. I cry at the sweet moments in movies in books. I cry when characters in movies and books struggle. I cry when the people in my life are stuck or feeling unloved. I cry when I feel stuck or unloved.
5. What makes you laugh?
This one is actually more difficult to answer. I don’t laugh often enough. I know I laugh at quirky comedies. I laugh at the freakish connection I have with my best friend. I laugh at myself when I do clumsy things. I laugh at the crazy things that my students say. I laugh whenever my cats get these wild hairs and go bonkers.
6. What person inspires you most on your journey of life and why?
I think I’m most inspired by the idealists of the past. The people who dared to spread a message of love in a world filled with hate and war. That’s the type of person I’ve always hoped to be.
7. Who is your favourite author?
I can’t just provide one on this one. Lol English teacher. So, Margaret Atwood, Jeanette Winterson, and Louise Erdrich.
8. What is your favourite food?
Pizza or pasta or pineapple. If I had to only eat foods with names that begin with P I’d be okay!
9. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
This one is hard. I wouldn’t change my dark and overanalyzing mind because I think those things are also strengths. I’m not even sure I would change my past because it’s given me a better understanding of what it means to suffer and that’s given me a true capacity for compassion. I’d probably change something silly like having hair that grows faster.
10. What is your most treasured possession and why?
I don’t actually get very attached to things but when I think “what has gone with me on every move” (aside from my cats) the only answer I have is “books!” My books, no matter how much they weigh down and slow down my moves, always go with me. So, I suppose they must be treasured.
11. What do you think the most important quality in a person is?
The ability to have compassion, definitely. Compassion for others and compassion for self.
My 11 fun (or not so fun) facts about me.
1. I have “died” more than once, by this I mean my heart has stopped and I stopped breathing.
2. I have a freakishly high pain tolerance
3. I can swim but I won’t because I’m afraid of drowning.
4. I was bit by a spider when I was 3; I’ve been horribly afraid ever since.
5. I’ve been to 4 countries so far.
6. I am almost finished with my 2nd Masters degree
7. I am creeped out by people touching my feet.
8. I have 4 siblings (all older than me).
9. I am obsessed with stories. While people watching I like to give people I won’t ever meet a backstory in my own head.
10. I’ve had 4 opportunities to work in another country, I passed on all 4.
11. I have 2 cats
My 11 questions
1. What is the most remarkable or different thing about your birth?
2. It you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
3. What do you believe about aliens and ghosts?
4. What kind of afterlife do you envision?
5. What one event from your life most shook you to your core?
6. Who are you?
7. Who do you hope to become in the near future?
8. Who makes up your support system?
9. What small things give you happiness?
10. What is your dream career?
11. What movie could you watch over and over again and never tire of it?
My nominees for the Liebster Award