So, you know how I’ve been pretty stable lately? I think that has been, in part, due to finding the right combination of medications. I talked to my insurance today (the new insurance since my last plan ran out) and there is a pretty good chance my Latuda won’t even get covered because it isn’t on my approved rx list. I’m trying to decide what the proper course of action is, with the two weeks of meds I have left: either take them like normal and remain hopeful it will work out or start tapering off, preparing to only be on my SSRI or preparing to start a med that is covered. I’m leaning toward the second choice. I don’t really look forward to seeing how that goes but it seems preferable to having hope and ending up being cut off abruptly. Anyone else faced a similar decision? I know this is probably a problem unique to countries like America, with very for-profit medical care.
In other news, I had another EMDR session yesterday. We changed my safe place and retried the buzzies with the new safe place. Luckily that was successful. It was harder to stay present in that place but it was completely pleasant when I was there.
K gave me the option of practicing with the new safe place or starting my timeline. We didn’t have enough time left so I chose the safest choice. That means we are for sure starting with my timeline next week. Then, the following week, my normal session time changes. The week after that she goes on vacation. Surprisingly I have feelings about this. I have some worst case scenarios in mind but I’m going to cross my fingers that those won’t be the case.
Oh, since I’m writing… in my ambien stupor the other night I researched new support groups. I went ahead and reached out to the therapist that runs one of those. It is a time limited group, 12 weeks. She is going to talk to K and make sure group will fit well with my individual. And, if it does seem like a good fit, I’ll do an intake with her, R. I guess I wasn’t ready to give up doing group completely.